Policy Adviser - Education and Training
We are looking for a Policy Adviser for 10 months to cover maternity leave. You will promote the Law Society's influence, reputation and ability to represent the interests of its members by shaping policy and informing the development of related member services. The successful candidate will further the delivery of our Education and Training objectives so that those seeking to enter the profession, solicitors, their clients and consumers continue to be protected.
You will build and maintain effective relationships within the Law Society, practitioner groups and external stakeholders. You will identify, develop, and implement influencing and lobbying strategies and activities to advance policy objectives providing accessible advice, information and support for members and those seeking to enter the profession; representing the Society credibly and effectively. As well as managing segments of the Education and Training portfolio you will also be expected to support the team on other associated policy projects as required, as well as contribute to wider policy developments in the Law Society.
- Able to rapidly identify, analyse and solve problems and exercise sound judgement in decision-making;
- Self-motivated and able to deal with both proactive and reactive work and demonstrate flexibility on delivering new priorities as they arise to tight deadlines.
- A team player able to effectively support your team and other colleagues across the Law Society, especially during busy periods;
- Able to take a robust but diplomatic approach and represent the Law Society positively, to influence policy development across government, industry and the legal profession;
- Able to provide guidance, advice and support to the profession;
- Able to deliver work independently to a high standard and creatively develop solutions to complex issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- An awareness of project management skills, including risk analysis and monitoring delivery.
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter clearly demonstrating how you meet the requirements for the role.
This opportunity is closed to applicants.