Content Officer (email)
The Law Society is the professional body that represents, promotes and supports solicitors. We provide advice and guidance to solicitors and we campaign on legal issues of importance to our members and the public. To do this we need digital content experts.
The Law Society is transforming digital services, starting with a new CMS and website redesign. This is a great opportunity to make a real difference to the transformation of services to members and to the public.
The email officer supports the production, maintenance and improvement of Law Society enewsletters (around 25 titles of varying frequency). The role combines editorial skills with an understanding of data, segmentation and customer relationship management.
Working within the digital and brand team, the email officer will support business as usual e-news production while working on new workflows to ensure that personalisation and email automation are a part of our digital transformation. Longer term they will work with stakeholders to reduce number enews titles in favour of one personalised email communication.
The role requires proven editorial, project management and interpersonal skills with a flair for innovation and a good understanding of design and brand identity. You will need to use a range of technologies and adapt to new ones that will connect with our members. You’ll need to be familiar with content management systems, HTML and analytics.
You will be a good communicator, who can manage stakeholder expectations, network at all levels and have an interest in content that meets the needs of a diverse and discerning membership.
- Copyedit, proofread and quality control email newsletter content before publication using Microsoft office tools, Adobe tools and enterprise-level, professional email marketing platforms.
- Manage the production of our largest weekly enewsletter, Professional Update.
- Ensure email newsletter content is relevant to users, contains suitable imagery, and meets accepted best practices in usability, accessibility and design.
- Work with CRM, Digital and other teams to ensure email newsletters are GDPR compliant and reach the right audiences, with the right messages, at the right time
- Define what “good” looks like for our email newsletters and suggest ways to make our communications more efficient.
- Align email newsletters with communications on other channels
- Advance use of automation to develop content personalisation in our email communication.
Significant experience in mass email production (marketing or newsletters) including information gathering, writing, sub-editing and proofreading, ideally to a segmented professional audience.
Proficient in technologies used to create bulk email.
Experience of using online traffic and behavioural analytics tools to produce reports.
Excellent written English, including the ability to write in clear English.
Strong organisational skills including the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
Understanding of data legislation as it relates to email newsletters.
This opportunity is closed to applicants.