International Policy Adviser (Europe)
What's in it for you:
• Enjoy contributing to the development of Law Society's international and Brexit policy at a crucial time in the definition of our relationship with Europe.
• Take specific responsibility for Law Society’s policy and professional guidance on European countries’ policies and regulatory environment
• Build strong and rewarding relationships with expert practitioners and stakeholders
• Immerse yourself in a high profile and current subject matters
This role will see you contribute to the development of Law Society policy in Europe and related guidance, including on Brexit. You will forge effective relationships within the Law Society (including members of relevant Boards and Committees), practitioner groups as well as external and international stakeholders to understand current and emerging issues. You already have experience in international policy and have the flexibility to contribute to various areas of work. You will prepare policy briefings and information material, draft guidance for our members, and respond to their queries regarding market access and practice in Europe. This role requires strong written and verbal communication skills
What we're looking for:
• Experience and knowledge of International, European and EU policy environments and of multilateral international organisations
• Ability to forge strong relationships with stakeholders and committees
• Influencing, analysis and communication skills
• Ability to engage and influence policy development at a senior level across government and the profession, as well as within the Law Society
We are looking for candidates who would be immediately available or on a short notice period to join our team straight away.
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter clearly demonstrating how you meet the requirements for the role.
This opportunity is closed to applicants.